An interim body has been appointed by the President Maithripala Sirisena for rehabilitation of drug addicts, on Wednesday, 20th February 2019. The members of the interim body are
- Ven Kuppiyawatte Bodhananda Thero
- Retired DIG Sirisena Herath
- Dr Samantha Kithalawaarchchi, Head of the Presidential Task Force on Drugs Eradication
- Specialist Dr Jayamal de Silva
- Dr Danush Mahesh
- Senior Lecturer Dr Ramani Perera
- Former Prisons Commissioner Gamini Jayasinghe
- Former Secretary to State Ministry Shanthi Naukarasan.
The above interim body has been appointed until setting up an authority on rehabilitation of drug, which is underway.