Due to the global Corona Virus outbreak, the Sri Lankan Government has decided the following:
- To suspend the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) on arrival for foreign nationals who hold ordinary/normal passports with effect from 12 noon Sri Lanka time on the 14th of March 2020, until further notice.
- A foreign national who holds a diplomatic or official passport is exempted from above suspension.
- Foreign nationals who intend to visit Sri Lanka are required to secure visa prior to their arrival in Sri Lanka through the following channels:
- Online through ETA website (eta.gov.lk)
- Sri Lanka Diplomatic Missions and Posts abroad and
- Head Office of the Department of Immigration and Emigration