The following instructions have been provided by Chairperson of Sri Lanka Tourism on the entry permit category arrivals to Sri Lanka.
As per the Ministry of Health Guidelines dated 06 January 2021, the categories of paid passengers with Foreign Passports are permitted to see the Tourist route, excluding Business and Diplomatic.
However, this will require them to follow the guidelines set out which can be found on https://srilanka.travel/helloagain/ website.
Foreign Passport holders with Resident Visa, Dual citizens and Sri Lankan citizens accompanying spouse or close relative with Foreign Passport are permitted to use the Tourist Route.
- Subject to adhering to the Guidelines on https://srilanka.travel/helloagain/
- Currently, it is mandatory to make a Hotel Booking in a Certified, Safe and Secure level 1 hotel for up to 14 days of the stay.
- When making a hotel booking, it is mandatory to pay for PCR tests (USD 40 per test x 3 for 14 days) and the cost of COVID Insurance of USD 12 at the time of making a hotel booking.
- It is required to inform the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority email “email@example.com” of the confirmation of above details and the hotel booking, reference number.
- The Director General of Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority will inform the Department of Immigration and Emigration once the above information is received, and will copy the guest in the email.
26 January 2021